Pages

Friday, 27 November 2015

OHH It Feels Good To Be Back !

First blog in a little while as I have been crazy busy over in Bali, so decided to take some time out and have some Laura time ,back home in the UK with my family .
Missing the warm weather and water, and really really missing the food , so I have taken it upon myself to try for the first time ever to learn how to make yummy healthy foods with a few useful tips from Mummy Crane . 
Here are a few of this weeks favourites .



Breakfast is always a meal that I struggle with, so a juice is way easier for me to handle in the mornings.
my mum has this AWESOME machine at home called a NINJA ! (yes its as cool as it sounds)

THE NINJA 


Ok ok so its basically just a blender but it's rad !
I would recommend buying one if you are looking to get healthy but think its too much hassle, its so quick and simple to use, even for a hopeless cook like me . 

My favourite morning juice  :
Banana (half)
Mango  (half)
Kiwi       (one)
Raspberry (five)
almond milk (250ml)
oat bran    (1 tbs ) 

Give it a little blend, sprinkle some coconut shavings on top and BOOM you have yourself a natural juice.


Before 


After 

I have been making juices for my little brother before school hahah (total domestic goddess ) haha hardly, but working on it.


Pre school juices by big sis .


With it being so cold here, the salads I am use to having for lunch in Bali are just not quite the belly warmer I need, so I have taken it upon myself with mummy Cranes creative input to make some soups, my latest soup venture was a split pea soup , I love making soups because you can never get it wrong the more things you add the better it gets . 
here is the recipe i used . 

1 cup chopped yellow onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 cup good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 -1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cups medium-diced carrots (3 to 4 carrots)
1 cup medium-diced red boiling potatoes, unpeeled (3 small)
1 pound dried split green peas
(i added cabbage too )







As I have said before I am no kitchen master (yet) but I am learning, like anything you have to start somewhere, this is my favourite dinner I made this week, super yummy , super super healthy and super super super simple grilled salmon salad. .

Grilled salmon 
Spinach leaves
Beetroot
Tomatoes 
Avocado
Humus 
Seeds&Nuts




Nailed it !


Snacks ohh how I love snacks I do try my best not to snack between meals but depending how my schedule is some time you need a little snack to tie you over until your next meal, so I have this week decided to try and make a healthy snack that taste super yummy as well as nutritious .
I found this recipe of a beetroot humus ,its SO yummy , infant so yummy that when i left it on the kitchen work top and came back 10 mins later family crane had gone in for the attack on my pretty pink masterpiece good job its quick and easy to make .



Pretty in Pink !

1 can of chickpeas
1 roasted beet (sliced and drizzled with olive oil) 
zest of a lemon
 juice of 1 lemon
salt & pepper
2 cloves of garlic 
2 tbsp tahini
1/4 cup of olive oil


Health Is Happiness ,Happiness Is Health , LOVE YOURSELF And The Rest Will Follow ! 
Here is a little link I found this week Its worth a read 
LOVE LC X 






SHARE:

1 comment:

Blogger Templates by pipdig